Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 delivers self-service identity management for users, automates lifecycle management across heterogeneous platforms for administrators, and provides a rich policy framework for enforcing corporate security policies.
Common identity is an important tool to ensure users have appropriate access to corporate information regardless of where it is located—in your datacenter or in the cloud. Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2 helps you resolve these issues by providing self-service identity management for your users, automated lifecycle management across heterogeneous platforms for your administrators, and a rich policy framework for enforcing corporate security policies and detailed audit capabilities.
Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 allows you to simplify identity lifecycle management through automated workflows and business rules, and provides easy integration with heterogeneous platforms. You’ll empower people with end-user self-service capabilities embedded in Outlook or delivered via a familiar SharePoint experience, and be able to improve security and compliance with auditing across identities, role-based access control, and deep role discovery.
You can empower users to self-remediate identity issues, including group membership, smart card, and password reset functions with an easy-to-use interface, resulting in increased productivity and end-user satisfaction.
Simplify identity lifecycle management through automated workflows, business rules and easy integration with heterogeneous platforms across the datacenter and cloud. Identity and group provisioning can be automated based on business policy and implemented via workflow-driven provisioning through a single interface, including the ability to extend FIM to support new scenarios through the Visual Studio and .NET development environments.
Discover and map permissions across multiple systems to individual, assignable roles, leveraging role mining tools to discover the various permission sets for users across the enterprise to be later modeled and applied centrally. IT and auditors with a single view of individual users and resources can increase visibility into compliance and the security state of systems across their organization along with in-depth auditing and reporting.
- SharePoint-based console for policy authoring, enforcement and auditing
- Extensible WS-* APIs and Windows Workflow Foundation workflows
- Heterogeneous identity synchronization and consistency
- Heterogeneous certificate management with third party CA support
- Management of multiple credential types
- Self-service password reset integrated with Windows logon as well as web-based tool
- Integrated provisioning of identities, credentials, and resources
- Automated, codeless user provisioning and de-provisioning
- Self-service user profile management
- Synchronization of user identity across Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Active Directory and external directories
- Rich Office-based self-service group management tools
- Offline approvals through Office
- Group and distribution list management including dynamic membership calculation in these groups and DLs based on user's attributes
- Preventative role-based access control
- Rule enforcement through segregation of duties
- Self-service access request and automated approval workflow
- Rule-based analytics of access
- Access re-certification and attestation
- In-depth reporting and auditing using familiar tools like System Center Service Manager and SQL Server Reporting Services